[rescue] Q: Regarding Cat5 cable/NetGear hubs & Sun HW

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Sep 18 14:30:47 CDT 2001

I just started rewiring my basement (ran Cat5 to my Audrey in the kitchen), and when I ran a Cat5 cable to my NetGear 10/100 hub to my Ultra 30, it doesn't see the link.

I tried two different 25' cables, but both exhibit the same problem...

I can't believe that of the three cables I pulled from the Hawking 5-pack I got a while ago, only one works...

BTW, all links are 10 Mb/s (into hub, to Audrey, the Ultra should auto-negotiate)

Thanks in advance,

Ken

---
Ken Hansen