[rescue] Anyone have any SparcLX parts?

Mike Hebel rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Sep 18 13:34:21 CDT 2001

BBtogBf> I picked up a 1 buck IPC a couple weeks back, that had a cracked lid.
BBtogBf> I kept the drive bracket out of it.  It looks about like it should fit.
BBtogBf> IFF anyone knows for sure if an IPC bracket assembly will fit in an LX,
BBtogBf> I would be happy to send it your way.  I wuz just keepin' it fer parts,
BBtogBf> and probably won't use it anyway.  I wud hate to just throw it away....

The bracket will work - you'll just have to remove it to mount/remove
the hard drive.  It doesn't have the open top like the LX/IPX/Classic
mounts.

Oddly enough the LX power supply will also work in an IPX, I don't
know about any others.  Big Mike sent me a replacement IPX board to
replace one I thought was dead so I had one to experiment with.  BTW -
powering these off batteries you should be able to run the board with
a couple of voltage regulator circuits and the SNS (grey) wire tied to
+5V.  (Still working on portable Battlenet server for friends.)

>> News Flash: Steve Balmer announces a new Microsoft backed open source
>> project with the phrase, "After free Beer, IP Freely."

I bet he's got an Executive Assistant named Rusty Bedsprings. *ducks*

>> There are, of course, thousands of people who claim to be sys admins who
>> have the single "skill" of working it out from a gui tool. Ask these people
>> to move 500 users accounts or 300 virtual hosts from one machine to another
>> and they are as useful as chocolate firemen. -- Anonymous Coward on Slashdot
>> 8/15/01

BBtogBf> Scary.... very scary..... (:+}}...

But _very_ true.  I've run into quite a few - especially when I was
managing NT networks and a Windows Help-Desk.

I was the only one at one place who could even think of taking on the Lantronix
terminal server programming because what they wanted to do couldn't be
done from the GUI app.  The only other guys who liked any form of 'nix
was my Group Leader (a *ick), and the guy I worked for/with who had a
SS5/75mhz at home but no O/S for it.  A good guy, I just dropped off
2.6/7/8 for him to store for me. ;-)

Mike Hebel                          mailto:drone8of9 at crosswinds.net

http://drone8of9.crosswinds.net/documents/Mike_Hebel_Current_3.html

http://drone8of9.crosswinds.net/documents/Mike_Hebel_Current_3.doc