[rescue] Q: *ON TOPIC* Please disregard if not interested...;^)

Gregory Leblanc rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Sep 18 11:46:36 CDT 2001

On Tue, 2001-09-18 at 08:59, Ken Hansen wrote:
> I have an SS/20 with two HS-100 (or maybe HS-90s?) that won't play together
> nicely... I wonder if the OpenBoot PROM might have influence on this...
>
> The OBPROM is old, no where near 2.25R, and one HS-100/90 appears to run
> fine, but adding the second unit causes watchdog resets/etc...
>
> Thoughts/ideas?

I'm guessing that you tried each module individually, and only get
problems when you use both.  Are the fans clean, and have you made sure
that you've got good airflow?  Things get a lot hotter if you toss a
second proc in there.  I suspect that a bad mbus connection might be
able to cause these troubles too, so you might take a close look at the
top sbus slot.

> (BTW, any cheap sources for 2.25R OB PROMs? I have a couple SS/20s, but at
> $25-40/ea upgrade it is not worth it really...)

Heh, if there are a lot of folks out there, you could try talking Dave
into burning some for you.  :)
	Greg