[rescue] On the topic of heat shutdown in Intel CPUs...

Scott Newell rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Sep 18 08:10:35 CDT 2001

>Nice pictures of toasted AMD CPUs, along with stories of how PIII/1000 and
>P4/2000CPUs handle heat overload nicely (don't burn out in under 10
>seconds!)...

How coincidental after the weekend discussion...furthermore, I came in to
work Monday to find that my peecee power supply fan had stopped spinning,
so I also had a nice and toasty machine to work with yesterday.  Must have
jinxed myself.

Still, I'm very surprised that AMD made what seems to be a pretty big
design error.

newell