[rescue] 4u ATX case

Big Endian rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Sep 17 13:57:51 CDT 2001

>Why not a low-profile desktop case on a shelf? Heck,
>anything in decent shape with rack ears will be $100
>and up, and I've never seen one used...
>
>For a shelf, all you really need is angle brackets
>with wide enough lips to attach a thin shelf to it...
>
>Just a thought - desktop cases are *dirt* cheap these
>days...
>
>Ken

True, and I do have rack shelving available... but finding one that
will A fit the board and all the cards while being <19" wide is
harder than you would think as people go to tower systems most of the
desktop stuff is left over from the AT days (these are ATX servers).
Something mid tower on its side might work.  I also want it rack
mount because my 15.3 pound cat has a tendancy to jump up on the rack
and make it tilt back...

daniel