[rescue] This Just In: HP to buy Compaq (still?)

BSD Bob the old greybeard BSD freak rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Sep 17 13:28:28 CDT 2001

> I don't know about modern process high-density ICs, but back when I went
> to school the average power IC could stand a junction temperature of up
> to 200C before self-destructing.  That's certainly hot enough to cook
> any egg I know!  ;-) Even taking the junction-to-sink thermal resistance
> into account that's probably still a good 120-150C, and that'll still
> cook my eggs just fine (though a bit slower....  :-)

I can see it now.... fix a big aluminum block to the head of an Alpha,
rather than the normal cpu sink, and cut a hole in the top of the 3000/300
case and bingo,.... an instant egg cooker or coffee warmer, from old
cpus..... George Forman move over!  New Geek Cooker unveiled.  News at 11!

(:+}}...

Bob