[rescue] This Just In: HP to buy Compaq

G W Adkins rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Sep 17 10:40:59 CDT 2001

Another problem with Peltiers, is that if they aren't working, they make
excellent insulators...
And they do burn out after a period of use.
and the result is usually a cooked CPU if you have no other thermal
monitoring mechanism to shut down the system when it happens.
Peltiers can be fun to play with for amusement, but I would never, never put
one in a production machine...

George