[rescue] Wanted: 24-bit framebuffer in .uk

Joshua D Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Sep 16 10:56:39 CDT 2001

On Sun, Sep 16, 2001 at 12:07:31AM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 15, 2001 at 09:12:02PM -0400, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> > Isn't there a fujitsu sbus board (2-3 slots in size) that is supposed to
> > decently?  I remeber seeing some fairly hefty (and reasonably
> > modern) chips on it in the photos listed on eBay.
>
> The ZX?  Its even slower than the S24 and not supported past 2.6.

Not the ZX.  I love the ZX, even if it is as slow as mollasses in the
artic circle.  Besides, the ZX is from Sun, not Fujitsu I thought.

So, a little googling, and I turn up the AG-10E.  This looks like what
I've trying to refer to.  It uses a GLINT acceleration chip, which was
until recently very respectable for 3D graphics.  I don't know if it does
GL under Sun4 non u, but if it did, it would be extremely cool.

It also uses a Weitek p9100, which to my understanding, is a respectable
2D acceleration chip.

--
Joshua D. Boyd