[rescue] Wanted: 24-bit framebuffer in .uk

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Sep 15 20:05:44 CDT 2001

You *really* don't want an S24 - the last fellow I
advised on this matter insisted he needed 24 bit
color, and aginst my advice went out and got one.

$80-100 later, and he wrote me back, asking if I had a
TGX I could sell him, the performance *was* as bas as
I said...

My advice is to look for a box that supports > 8 Bits
easily, say an Ultra 1 *anything* Creator, Ultra 2 or
other... Here in the states, a used Ultra 1 170 can be
gotten quite reasonably...

HTH,

Ken

--- Paul Sladen <sun-rescue at paul.sladen.org> wrote:
> I've just spent another dreary while looking at
> horribley-dithered Mozilla,
> Konqueror, and Gimp windows, and I have decided
> that:
>
>   <shout> I AM FED UP OF 8bit FRAMEBUFFERS </shout>
>
> I [want] need a 24bit SBus framebuffer for an SS5
> (main workstation/Xterm);
> and I could do with either a ZX/Leo, or an S24, and

=====
Ken
n2vip at yahoo.com