[rescue] NeXT UFS

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Sep 15 05:49:40 CDT 2001

On Fri, 14 Sep 2001, Big Endian wrote:

> I need to mount the disk from next boxen on a different machine and
> write to it.  Any OS suggestions?

Try linux with UFS (I dunno how different NeXT's implementation is of the
standard UFS specs is) enabled in the kernel. Should be able to mount it,
at least read only. I have mounted some disks from foreign OSs in this
fashion, machines that have important iformation tend to break on me
whenever I happen not to have a current backup of the data I need, at that
specific moment in time (must be some kind of Murphy's law...)