[rescue] God bless America

Mike Meredith rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Sep 15 04:02:40 CDT 2001

On Saturday 15 September 2001 07:12, you wrote:
> rwalkup wrote:
> >  What
> > about Catholic IRA gunmen?
>
> I haven't followed what the IRA does, so I can't very well comment.

One very small point. Whilst the IRA membership is overwhelmingly
catholic, the IRA goes to considerable lengths to point out that they
are not a catholic organisation and that they would welcome protestants
into their organisation.

> >  What about Protestent Unionist gunmen? What
> > about Marxist/Catholic Shining Path terrorists in Peru?
>
> I haven't heard about either of the above groups.  What is a
> Protestant Unionist?

A bad name for a Loyalist terrorist. One of the complicating factors in
the 6 counties/Northern Ireland is that there are the republican
terrorists fighting for a united Ireland, and "loyalist" terrorists
fighting to remain within the UK.

> Marxist/Catholic..... thats an odd combo!

Why?