[rescue] ksh q...

Brian Harrington rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Sep 14 23:34:14 CDT 2001

--On Friday, September 14, 2001 5:26 PM -0500 "Reagen B. Ward"
<ward at zilla.nu> wrote:

>> You install pdksh. :-)  "Real" ksh uses EscEsc in emacs mode, and Esc\ in
>> vi mode for filename completion.  Tab completion is a pdksh extension.
>
> Not to be overly pedantic (well, ok, overly pedantic), but pdksh is far
> from being real ksh.  I would suggest installing AT&T if installing a new
> ksh.  If David Korn says pdksh is not complete, I believe him.

Does ksh93 have tab completion?  I have to admit I've never gotten around
to installing it, because it's always seemed like overkill.  (Floating
point in the shell...?)  Pdksh definitely has some incompatibilites with
ksh88 (and documents them pretty thoroughly) but they're not the sort of
things that you tend to run into too often. Then again, I was corrupted by
Perl long ago, and do most of my serious scripting in it.

                 -- Brian

--
Brian Harrington
Milton S. Eisenhower Library