[rescue] Shipping Large Machines?

Zach Malone rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Sep 14 21:01:29 CDT 2001

Hello,
    I have run into a small problem, I have a SPARCcenter sitting in a
nearby shipping companies warehouse, and they are unable/unwilling to
deliver it to my home.  All of the streets approaching my home are marked as
being unusable by 1 ton and greater vehicles.  Most places/companies are
willing to ignore this and deliver anyhow, but this one is not, for whatever
reason.  Anyhow, here comes my question, by what means should I get this
machine to my home?  We don't have a large truck, and I do not know of a
location to rent inexpensive vehicles with lifts on them.  Does any one in
the Montgomery County, Maryland area know of such a place?  Or,
alternatively, does anyone in the area have a truck that can handle moving
this machine to my home?  And if all else fails, would anyone in the area
like a SPARCcenter located at their home for a short period of time?
    Zach