[rescue] 13W3 Adapter Sources

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Sep 14 13:16:34 CDT 2001

I got a real nice one from Viewsonic, but that was
years ago... All I did was call and ask them "How do I
hook this nice ___________ monitor to my Sun
workstation?" and for about $20-30 (can't remember
now) I got one shipped to me.

Though various deals over the years, I have in my
parts bin adapters in each direction (13W3 monitor to
SVGA card and 13W3 framebuffer to SVGA display), and I
think everyone should - then I can use most monitors
on most systems, if only for testing/debugging...

Oh, and a new $100 - $125 17" multisync monitor makes
a *great* workstation monitor, IMHO (at least when
compared with a 5 - 10 year old Sun monitor)...

Ken

--- Simeon Johnston <simeonuj at eetc.com> wrote:
> I just got a Sparc 10 ( thank you Mr. Wargo ) and
> need a video adapter
> for it.
> I'm looking for a few good sorces for *cheap* 13W3
> to DB15 adapters to
> use a PC monitor on a Sparc.  Cheap as in price not
> quality.

=====
Ken
n2vip at yahoo.com