[rescue] Re: Ripping to mp3?

Kurt Mosiejczuk rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Sep 14 09:09:37 CDT 2001

On Thu, 13 Sep 2001, Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> Does cdparanoia work under solaris?  It works really nicely under linux
> and windows.

Unfortunately, no.  Although I wasn't aware it worked under windows.
It started out as just for linux.  Monty promises that paranoia IV
will be cross-platform, but he's been spending his time on Ogg Vorbis
lately.

> Screw mp3s.  The future is in .ogg files.  Well, it at least sounds a bit
> better under most circumstances.

I'll agree here.  Granted my headphones aren't really nice ones, but I can't
tell a difference between the source .wav and a 128k Ogg.  And I generally
could hear artifacts at 128kbps when using MP3.

--Kurt