[rescue] God bless America

Dunbar, Brian rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Sep 14 09:09:31 CDT 2001

-----Original Message-----
From: Charles Redmond [mailto:charlie25 at my-deja.com]

Since my original reply has disappeared into the ether...
I'll make it clear from the start I'm not American, but Australian.

> This Canadian thinks it is time to speak up for the Americans as the most
> generous and possibly the least appreciated people on all the earth.
> Germany, Japan and, to a lesser extent, Britain and Italy were lifted out
> of the debris of war by the Americans who poured in billions of dollars
> and forgave other billions in debts. None of these countries is today

Um.  You all ARE aware that this was written in 1973?  And the original
author has long since passed?  Seems a lot of fuss over a what was a radio
commentary broadcast when I was in Kindergarten ...