[rescue] God bless America

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Sep 13 23:42:18 CDT 2001

> How much of American Technology is built on the work of others?
How much technology of other countries is based on US technology?  Ask where the VCR was invented as an example.

> How far advanced would the us space mission be without those like Werner Von > Braun, and when you think of it, why was  that man not prosecuted for war
> crimes?
Might as well prosicute Einstein and others too.

> Yep, and this is the one to really get to me..
> When the USA was in Vietnam, who was there.. Australians and New Zealanders. In
> the recent wildfires in the USA, Australians were there. I'm aware that > currently Australians are on call to go to NY if wanted. So yes, there are those
> of us that help. you just don't hear of it. Events like the movie portrayal of
> events like "U571" gall me. How do you think that movie made the family of the
> real Royal Navy guys who go on board a sinking uboat and some didn't make it
> out, to get an enigma made them feel?
Can I judge your country by your movie industry?  Or by what you really do?

> Australia has supported most us overseas policy of major significance, including
> supporting free trade. In return, the USA has tarrifs on many of our exports due to our farming efficency.
OK, we drop the tariffs and many of our farms will go out of business.  Who needs farms.  Who needs the food?
A lot of other countries in the world need some of it unfortunately.

> However, I still think that Australia's role is to support the us. Depending on
> what follows  this may be of significant cost to us.. Just look at some
> geography and you'd know what I mean.. and our defence forces are currently
> stretched given our committments in east timor. We are supporting you, but that
> doesn't mean we shouldn't scrutinise individual actions accordingly.
Sometimes we need to be watched.  Feedback is very important in any system.
In spite of mistakes, I think the US has done pretty good for a relatively young
country.  But now we have someone who has attacked us directly, first in history (Hawaii
was not part of the US at the time of Pearl Harbor).