[rescue] God bless America

G W Adkins rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Sep 13 16:17:11 CDT 2001

> > > at least partially because it could make the problem of terrorism
> > > worse.
> >
> > This is the attitude which causes a continuation of the cycle of
> > violence, it is predicated on the notion that if you fight back, it
>
> We've been fighting back against terrorism in the conventional sense
> for a long time. Terrorism is still in use today.

Perhaps you misunderstood me, I am not advocating the measures used in the
past, which obviously have not eradicated Terrorism.  You cite that "
Attempting to defeat them militarily just didn't work. "  I say that there
has _never_ been any such attempt.  Militarily defeating them would be
defeating them in the way that the Third Reich was defeated in 1945.
Obviously this kind of force has not been used in recent years (or have you
Brits been keeping it a secret from us?)  I do not advocate genocide of
civillian populations,  I advocate the genocide of terrorist organizations.
Just one message...  "If you do this, we will hunt you down and _kill_ you.
Period.  If people in your government aid/pay/assist/harbor these people,
they are making war on the United States.  If you make war on the United
States of America, we will make war on you."

> > Unfortunately, this depends on the Terrorists being rational people,
> Assuming that terrorists are not rational is a rather dangerous
> assumption to make. Maybe the suicidal ones aren't rational,
This is the point, comission/planning/assistance of this kind of act will be
the same thing as suicide, not only for the terrorist, but for the whole
organization.

> > Reality is, that elimination of the Terrorists results in cessation
> > of the attacks perpetrated by those terrorists.
> Only if you assume that the number of terrorists in the world is fixed.
> It ain't so.
This is why we must work harder at killing them earlier.
It may seem harsh, but I would rather that we kill 500 terrorists a year
than see them kill 10,000 americans in one day.