[rescue] God bless America

BSD Bob the old greybeard BSD freak rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Sep 13 13:34:38 CDT 2001

> In the UK, the IRA were persuaded to stop using terrorism by talking to
> them. Attempting to defeat them militarily just didn't work.
>
> I say again, conventional retaliatory strikes by the US against the
> terrorists (which always ends up included innocent civilians) won't
> stop terrorism. It hasn't in the past, so why should it now ? Greatly
> increasing the severity of the attacks won't work either --- unless the
> US plans to commit genocide.

Sorry to burst your bubble.  See the BBC Online from yesterday.
One of the editors quoted information from bin Laden to the effect
that he was out to kill Americans by any and all possible means.
That does not sound like anyone that wants to come to the table and talk.

The IRA were reasonable gentlemen by comparison.

Bob