[rescue] God bless America

Dunbar, Brian rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Sep 12 15:53:59 CDT 2001

>>Guess I'm a goner, then.  I think that these attacks resulted directly
from our very poor foreign policy toward the Arab states.  However, it's
been the policy for decades and decades, and I don't see it changing
anytime soon, especially now.

To be treated fairly, you must treat others fairly<snip><<

If I may.  I submit that the policy adopted by *us* tword *them* was not the
cause of the assault.  It may be the excuse adopted by those responsible,
but the reason (IMHO) is far more reaching and (for them) much more
devastating.

The responsible parties are members of a closed, insular society in a world
that rewards open societies and progressive ways.  They find their control
of themselves, of their place in the world slowly, surely eroding.  They
can't stop it.  They can't have what they want so they lash out.  They also
can't win.  Our inherant dynamisim will win out.

The truly sad thing . . it's not a matter of being fair.  The world is
changing, and they can either adopt (which ends their reign of power) or
not.  It won't change what is.

briand