[rescue] oh my god.

G W Adkins rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Sep 11 13:02:17 CDT 2001

> Recieved word from a coworker that all US bases have been put on Threat
> Condition Charlie.  For those who don't know - I was told that threatcon-C
> is a state of total readiness

Actually, THREATCON Chatlie means that there is a high potential for
terrorist attack, that people should remain low-key, inspect mail before
opening packages, check out cars before driving, do not draw attention to
yourself, observe modified parking plans (not close to buildings), etc..
THREATCON Delta, the next step up, is the "stay inside with the windows
closed and the curtains drawn, all automobiles will be searched, etc..."