[rescue] SUNPci/DRDOS Q (sorry if it's too OT)

Larry Snyder rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Sep 10 19:38:38 CDT 2001

Hi all --
I have a 300M PCi card in a U30.  I have exactly one app that runs
on it (Micro Cookbook) that has no need of winders.  Therefore, I'm
just running the opendos that came w/ the card.  While I can write
to the emulated C:\ or whatever using the dos tools, this app seems
to think the disk is full if I try to print a recipe to a disk file
on any of the C/H/R emulated disks.  This is both under the 1.2 and 1.3
SUNWspci drivers.  Gut feel says it's a DR-DOS7.01 problem, or the app's
trying to write to H/W (shouldn't the driver grab that?), but I'd
sure like a couple second opinions.  I could stick a copy of MSdos
out there, but really don't want to.  Thoughts, anyone?
thanx,
-ls-