[rescue] Flying Pigs - OT WIN2K speed

Joshua D Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Sep 10 16:10:15 CDT 2001

On Mon, Sep 10, 2001 at 05:07:14PM -0400, Kurt Huhn wrote:

> > Would there be any market for buying such servers already set up and ready
> > to go?
> >

> Its good - in theory.  It's also extremely geeky.
>
> But salespeople aren't geeks - and that level of complexity might just make
> thier heads explode...

Good.  A few less salesweasels can't hurt things...

> Not to say you *couldn't* sell such a thing, but marketing it would be
> difficult at best.  I happen to like the idea - but I believe that's
> impractical for most luser bases.  I'm not convinced - but I'm listening...

If I wanted to be in the VAR business, selling preloaded linux machines to
companies and such, it might not be so hard to sell this as a
compatibility service, or maybe even just through it in for free with any
reasonably sized order.

But, I don't want to sell fleets of machines.  I want to sell software
services, which may or may not come bundled with a free computer.  This
puts me in the hard spot of selling one piece of a large puzzle to people
who want the whole puzzle preassembled from one place.

But, then, this really is just something I want for myself, and that would
be my main motivation of doing it if I ever get around to it.

I really need a rack and a small windows machine to pull it off
though.  The rack is because I can't keep taking more machine in until I
can get them more organized.

--
Joshua D. Boyd