[rescue] sparc5 power was: Sparc 1, 2, 4

Dan Sikorski rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Sep 9 22:29:34 CDT 2001

> One thing to keep in mind, if the power goes off and you are not on
> an UPS the SS4 will not restart. I found this out earlier this week :) (unless
> there is a trickI am unaware of)
>
> Other than that they all would do nicely.
>
> Mike N

I have a sparc5 that USED to power itself off when it was halted, it
doesn't anymore.  Now, my memory doesn't serve me too well, it may have
powered itself off when i had linux on it, and not since i installed
solaris, but, can i get solaris to turn the machine off so i know it's
halted?

   -Dan Sikorski