[rescue] Ultra 30 or Ultra 2?

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Sep 7 17:48:34 CDT 2001

The Ultra 30 is nice, but the Ultra 2 is cheaper to
upgrade (SCSI cards, Creator 3D, etc...). If you want
a desktop machine, the Ultra 30 is *nice* (it will
take two "vertical" Creator cards, the Ultra 2 can
only take one "horizontal" Creator card), but the
Ultra 2 might be a better server platform.

The Ultra 2 w/ dual CPUs for $500 is a real deal.,,

But an Ultra 60 is even *better* ;^)

Ken
(Remember to tell Lily I refered you to her!!!
Thanks.)

--- Eric Ozrelic <eric at stereolab.net> wrote:
> Hey guys, lilly at Comdisco has Ultra 30's with the
> following spec for $350:
>
> 		Ultra 30 300Mhz
> 1	A16	Sun Enterprise Base Chassis
> 		w/integrated 100BaseT Ethernet port, SEW SCSI Port
> 1	X6160A	CDROM Drive SunCD 12
> 1	X1191A	300MHz, 2MB external Cache
> 2	X7003A	128MB Memory, 2x64MB DIMMs
> 1	X5214A	4.2GB SE Ultra/Wide SCSI Disk Drive 3.5"
> 7200RPM
> Plus an additional 256MB's of ram for FREE
>
> And then she has Ultra 2's with the following spec
> for $500:
>
> 1	A14	Sun Enterprise Base Chassis
> 		w/integrated 100BaseT Ethernet port, SEW SCSI Port
> 1	X6153A	CDROM Drive SunCD 4
> 1	X1191A	300MHz, 2MB external Cache
> 2	X7003A	256MB Memory Total, 2x128MB DIMMs
> 1	X5214A	4.2GB SE Ultra/Wide SCSI Disk Drive 3.5"
> 7200RPM
> Plus an additional 256MB's of ram free OR an extra
> 300 MHz CPU

=====
Ken
n2vip at yahoo.com