[rescue] HP 9000/755 (HP-UX 10.20 CDs??)

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Sep 7 17:42:21 CDT 2001

Hi y'all!

I just got my first HP 9000 machine, nice timing considering the amount of
HP/Compaq related news generated recently.

The machine seems to be OK, however the OS is hosed... it tries to boot to
some kind of HP-sUX 9.x. Since I wanted to do an OS reinstallation from
scratch, I would like to know if there is any way of getting the OS 10.20
CDs from HP anymore. I remember they were giving those CDs for free or
media cost in order to get their customer base Y2K compliant.

If there is no way of getting them from HP at a reasonable cost, does
anyone have a media kit that I can borrow? If interested in trading I
have a complete solaris 2.6 server boxed set for SPARC (big thick box with
a bunch of licensed add ons). I also have IRIX 4.x/5.3/6.2/6.5 (.5.10
upgrade too), and AIX 4.3.3. Of course this goes to a non-profit
organization (i.e. the personal "computer room" of a PhD. student also
known as the living room for most mortals :-) ) so I am not looking for
any resale or money exchange if possible.

Thank you. I know this is not related to sun, but hey at least is not an
intel feecee :-). Nice looking tower, they really don't make'em like they
used to!

Cheers