[rescue] Ultra 30 or Ultra 2?

Loomis, Rip rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Sep 7 12:40:02 CDT 2001

Replying to myself:

For additional context, the going eBay rate
for an U2 2300 (creator 2d) with 256MB RAM
is at least $650:

  http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1272139427

There's still 2+ days to go on a dutch auction
of 5 systems...and about a month ago I would
have expected such a system to go (on eBay)
for $800-1000.  Buying from Comdisco should give
you better post-sale support than your average
eBay auction, although I've always had good
results with Sunnking.

You would likely want to add a Creator card to
either of the systems below, so that's really
a wash.

I don't have an ObRescue, but...does anyone have
a copy of the later HP-UX 10.20 release that
actually boots on a B2000?  We've got 11.00
and 10.20, but we apparently need the Dec 1999
ACE version in order to support the B2000.
Crap.

  --Rip