[rescue] Flying Pigs - OT WIN2K speed

Scott Newell rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Sep 7 09:23:58 CDT 2001

>Win 2k is fairly fast, outside of a couple things.  I have it running on a
>dual P3 box, and it is very stable, I have never had a full crash in the
>length of time that I have owned this machine, but partial crashes, where

Here's one that got me recently--I had a USB serial port converter running
to a terminal app that was logged into a SS2 console.  I let it sit
(connected) for a couple of days and needed to return the converter, so I
disconnected the USB cable.  Next time I task switched to the terminal app
(several hours after disconnecting the USB device), win2k rebooted
lickety-split without so much as a blue screen.

Hey, the local dead freight house has a good looking Decwriter III, $100 (!).

newell