[rescue] MSFT == a-holes! (please excuse this OT rant)

Jeremy Nielson rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Sep 7 07:42:26 CDT 2001

I apparantly don't do anything with my Windows 2000 machine, because it
hasn't needed to be rebooted in 2.5 weeks.  The only reason it was rebooted
then, was I added a new piece of hardware.

Goody goody gumdrops.

What I've noticed with my experiences, is the more ram you have, the better
off you are.  Don't expect your 386SX-25 with 16MB of ram (minimum for
win98) to be stable for more than 8 hours.  But with my 1.0GHz Athlon/512MB
ram windows 2000 box, i haven't crashed once.  The only times I reboot are
when a piece of software needs to, or I need to install, or uninstall, a
piece of hardware.

It's not always the OS's fault that you crash.  Check out how many programs
you use on a WindowsXX machine are not written by microsoft...  i've had
more problems on Windows98 machines with non-MS software than with the OS
itself.

Just my two cents.  Last you'll hear of me on this geeks discussion.

Jeremy Nielson