[rescue] MSFT == a-holes! (please excuse this OT rant)

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Sep 6 17:03:10 CDT 2001

On Thu, Sep 06, 2001 at 05:30:53PM -0400, Michael S. Schiller wrote:
> Bruce:
> The key to running ANY MS OS is to reboot the machine daily.
> -Mike

Needs to be moved to geeks@, but I have to speak up here - until I had
a hardware failure, I didnt reboot my Win2K PC here at work for 2-3
months at a time - I just simply locked the console/display when I left
work every day and unlocked it the next morning.

This was with heavy web browsing/Word/Excel/Visio/WinAmp/SecureCRT, etc,
use.  If you are careful about what you install, and use add/remove programs
properly, and dont run too much stuff at once - win2k is good at what it
does.

I'm not giving up Solaris, not by a long shot, though. 8-)

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net