[rescue] Geographics

David Cantrell rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Sep 5 16:54:07 CDT 2001

Brian Hechinger <wonko at arkham.ws> wrote:

> i also remember the one admin at Lucent (when i worked for them years ago in
> ohio) got pissed off at our boss (not a hard thing to do, boss was a drooling
> non-technical moron) and ran Xearth on the NIS+ server which a) oddly had a
> head and b) was underpowered already.  that was a fun day. :)

Heh.  If you've got cycles to burn, I recommend xglobe instead.  It does
the same as xearth, but wraps a bitmap around the globe instead of xearth's
filled polygons.  Supply it with two maps - for day and night - and it'll
Do The Right Thing in that regard too.  It looks very funky.

             If a job's worth doing, it's worth dieing for