[rescue] This Just In: HP to buy Compaq

Dave McGuire rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Sep 5 11:55:42 CDT 2001

On September 5, Paul Sladen wrote:
>   a)  The kernel, scalable enough to run on your Palm Pilot, and your S/390.
>       Please don't bring up the issue of efficeny;  Solaris doesn't run on
>       a Palm, and NetBSD (a Real-Unix(TM) that does) doesn't `scale' to SMP.

  It doesn't?  Hmm, I guess this Alpha and the's PPro box are running
some strange SMP-supporting operating system that is just *pretending*
to be NetBSD.

  People flaming about NetBSD and not being aware of current facts
annoys ME almost as much as people flaming about Linux and not being
aware of current facts annoys YOU.

> PS.  Chuck that copy of Redhat into the trash well you're at it, too!

  I run Redhat on my Linux box because that's the distribution that I
always hear about.  Is there a better alternative that I should be
running?

           -Dave

--
Dave McGuire