[rescue] Geographics

Brian Hechinger rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Sep 5 10:36:54 CDT 2001

On Wed, Sep 05, 2001 at 07:33:22AM -0400, Ken Hansen wrote:
> Actually, Linux has an Xearth background that shows where the sun is shining

s/Linux/X Windowing System/

> on the earth, and you can define locations and tags (in Long./Lat.) that
> will show on the earth. We could easily build a long/lat & label file for
> Xearth, and I am sure Xearth could be ported/built on Solaris (haven't
> checked sunfreeware, may already be done)...

i ran Xearth on sun long before i heard of linux.  just untar and build.  it
will work.

i also remember the one admin at Lucent (when i worked for them years ago in
ohio) got pissed off at our boss (not a hard thing to do, boss was a drooling
non-technical moron) and ran Xearth on the NIS+ server which a) oddly had a
head and b) was underpowered already.  that was a fun day. :)

-brian