[rescue] This Just In: HP to buy Compaq

Jeremy Nielson rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Sep 5 08:06:29 CDT 2001

Off topic:  did you ever notice that "Here Say" and "Heresy" kinda look
alike?  ;)

On Topic:  A lot of smaller shops use Linux, because they have a more
do-it-yourself mentality anyways.  If something breaks, their IT guy can
take the time to figure it out, if he doesn't know it.  The bigger companies
steer clear, because they want someone to sue and pay for it when it breaks,
and they lose $10,000/minute... there's no guarantee on the big box with the
red hat.

Linux is supposedly POSIX compliant, however... how does compliance fit in
with the "Linux is not Unix" mantra?  I guess the only real Unix is the AT&T
Bellcore releases, then?  [They own the Unix name, eh?]

Jeremy Nielson