[rescue] Re: [geeks] Woah. HP buys Compaq.

Zach Malone rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Sep 4 12:16:55 CDT 2001

Every article I have seen comments that the HP-Compaq merger will make the
resulting company almost as big as IBM.  This implies to me that the press
release mentioned this.  As IBM has left the home PC market to focus on
their corperate market, and HP seems to want to compete with IBM (Judging by
the comparisons that I think are in the press release), does this mean that
they will pull back from the PC market?
    Zach