[rescue] This Just In: HP to buy Compaq

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Sep 4 07:52:31 CDT 2001

IMHO, neither HP-UX nor True64 will be cut, as neither does, or easily can,
support the other architecture.

Compaq already started signalling the end of the Alpha chip, IIRC.

The article said that the combined HP/Compaq(DEC) would be within 10% of IBM
revenue. Dell will be a distant third, at a little more than half the size
of either company.

Ken