[rescue] Can't get monitor to work om U30

Eric Hall rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Sep 3 15:27:56 CDT 2001

Ken Hansen wrote:

> What are the settings that *do* work on the SS/10 with
> this monitor?

1152x900x66

> Do you know *anybody* with a Sun-compatible monitor yo
> could try on your machine?

In Leavenworth, KS not a lot of folks own suns :)

> Where did the Framebuffer come from? Comdisco has a 30
> day warranty on their systems - did the framebuffer
> come from there?

Yes, it's from Comdisco but it's past 30 days. The framebuffer
was installed when I got it. I was able to get to the OPB text
mode on a *very* old Sun 16'' monitor, but multiple blurry images
in X for same.

> Are you sure your cramebuffer is in the right slot?
> The U30 can take two adapters, and you may need to put
> the first adapter in the proper slot - does the
> monitor sync/go off power-save when attached to the
> U30/creator?

I'm pretty sure it is.

Thanks, Eric