[rescue] Lightweight WindowManagers (was Voyager)

Linc Fessenden rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Oct 30 11:06:13 CST 2001

On Tue, 30 Oct 2001, Loomis, Rip wrote:

> Linc--
> I've found WindowMaker to be the best combination
> of good looking and light-weight on low-end Sparcs
> and x86 boxes.  You might also check out ctwm, which
> is an enhanced twm that I used for several years
> on Sun3s and SPARC 2/LX boxes under 8bpp.  It's no
> prettier than twm, but has some extra configurability,
> and it's (to the naked eye) as fast as twm.
>
> Good luck--
>
>   --Rip

Thanks - I'll check 'em out.  I also forgot to mention that I use Blackbox
as well - just looks ugly under 8bpp (unless anyone has a nice 8bpp style
they could send me).  Do you know off hand if ctwm has support for
multiple workspaces?  That's one of the things I don't care for with twm -
only a single workspace...

-Linc Fessenden