[rescue] Wooohhhooo XP -> 0 to BSOD in 12min23sec

Dunbar, Brian rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Oct 28 22:41:48 CST 2001

-----Original Message-----
From: Joshua D Boyd [mailto:jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu]
> So far I haven't opened an excel spreadsheet or word doc that's been made
in Office 2000 that I can't launch in StarOffice 6.....

Wouldn't it be better to start from the position of actually figuring out
what parts of Office2k you use, instead of just seeing if files
open?  Just because every file opens doesn't mean that StarOffice does
everything decently, and like wise, if it Star Office did everything
decently, except open an occasional file, the a conversion server could be
setup for use.

You are correct.  I haven't made a formal effort (yet) on the Office 2000 vs
StarOffice thing - just that on my new laptop I did NOT install any of the
Office 2000 suite (except for Outlook).  And that's *all* I've had time for.

Brian