[rescue] Casting around for Powerbook goodies

Steve Hatle rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Oct 28 21:05:18 CST 2001

All,

In the last month, I've been able to gather up 3 Apple portables I've
always wanted, an eMate 300, a Powerbook 520 (thanks, Pete!) and
yesterday, a Duo 280c with Duodock. I was too late to pull the trigger
on the $50.00 Duo 2300c. He who hesitates is lost.  .  .

All work OK, but in the case of both Powerbooks, the batteries are
toast. If any of you have semi-functional batteries for one of these or
a source for same, please drop me a note. Likewise for any other PB
related goodies, like any of the Duo Mini-docks, or the HDI-SCSI
converter than can do the SCSI target mode thing.

Interested in Apple goodies in general; my new iBook that I got last
spring along with OSX has brought me back to the Apple way <grin>. To
keep this within the neighborhood of topic, I promise to use them to
telnet into my Suns.  .  .

Thanks,

Steve