[rescue] Wooohhhooo XP -> 0 to BSOD in 12min23sec

Patrick Giagnocavo rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Oct 27 00:32:01 CDT 2001

Kurt Huhn wrote:

> > Where does M$ find these people? Our M$ rep seemed to be brainwashed or
> > something, it was like he had some kind of personal infactuation w. Billy
> > boy it was pretty scary..... Then he tried to convince us to switch from
> > LaTeX to Office XP. At that point I stopped listened and I left in the
> > middle of his sentence, what a waste of my time!
> >

> I often wonder, why would someone pay $200 (or more) for an OS that has no
> significant business impact.  I mean - what *are* the benefits of XP?  Can
> someone explain to me in tangible terms why *any* business would make a
> switch to XP?

Studies have shown that adding a GUI to an application does not improve
productivity.

Anyone who has ever watched a touch typist at a SABRE (airline ticket)
or similar terminal based app knows what I mean.  There is just NO WAY
that a GUI would make things faster.  Heck, even the slowpokes at the
post office are zippier than the Unisys text terminals, which can't keep
up with their typing.

./patrick