[rescue] Wooohhhooo XP -> 0 to BSOD in 12min23sec

Dunbar, Brian rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Oct 26 22:53:11 CDT 2001

>>I really agree with you, but I've shown my boss (a busness user)
StarOffice and let him know that Unix/StarOffice could mean *hundreds*
of dollars off the cost of a new PC. You know what he said? That won't
work -- it isn't MS Office. The business users don't *care* that it is
MS Windows, really, what they care about is MS Office. I imagine that a
lot of them would be happy to use 98se *forever* ... <<

You're right.  My (business manager) boss has told me the minute StarOffice
can promise the same functionality as Ms Office we'll switch over.  I'm
working on it.  So far I haven't opened an excel spreadsheet or word doc
that's been made in Office 2000 that I can't launch in StarOffice 6.....

BrianD