[rescue] 3com LanPlex 2500

Gregory Leblanc rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Oct 24 08:41:23 CDT 2001

On Wed, 2001-10-24 at 08:36, Michael S. Schiller wrote:
> Hi All:
>
> I just bought a LanPlex 2500 switch, and when I tried to update the flash prom it now gives me a checksum
>
> error! Anyone know of a way to get around this problem? (it won't let me access the console port as it won't
>
> boot up)

There's a "magic key sequence" that you can hit, on the console, while
it's booting that can often reset things.  If that fails, then you need
to re-flash the eeprom, either from a TFTP boot image, or a special
flash card.  BTW, it can only TFTP boot from an OOB Ethernet port, in
the PCMCIA slot.  You'll need a 3c589, a or b, or -maybe- c.  models d
and e don't work.  All of the details for this should be in your manual
(you did get one, didn't you?), or possibly from 3com direct.  I'll bet
that even if you don't have a service contract with them, they can still
take you through getting this thing working again.
	Greg