[rescue] Just a thought - what would be a good starter SPARC system these days?

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Oct 23 17:42:21 CDT 2001

I used to have a Lantronix terminal server connected to all my serial
consoles. It did the job OK, although it never did handle CR/LF stuff
properly. But then one day it fell down and couldn't get up again, it just
sat there playing with its toes and flashing an unknown diagnostic code.

After pricing new terminal servers ($$$$$$$ and up), I'm trying to replace
it with a PC stuffed full of serial ports. I have a Boca BB2016, which is
very nice except that it locks up after about two minutes -- when I have
time, I'll be playing with different I/O ports and interrupts to see if
that makes it happier.

   --James B.