[rescue] re: Tricking DNS

Sheldon T. Hall rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Oct 22 13:37:25 CDT 2001

In Message: 3 on Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 10:07:32 -0700 From: David Passmore
<dpassmor at sneakers.org> To: rescue at sunhelp.org on the Subject: Re: [rescue]
Tricking DNS:

> On Sun, Oct 21, 2001 at 11:21:22PM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
>
>> Personally, I dont know of a way to "pre-load" a cache...
>
> You 'pre-load' the BIND cache with the IP addresses of the root servers
> every time you start it up. Look at the file commonly known as
> 'named.cache'. It stands to reason that you can place other entries in
there
> as well.
>
> David

Y'know, that's pretty elegant!

If I hear nothing against it, I think I'm gonna try it later today.

If I never re-appear on the 'net, we'll know why....

Thanks.

-Shel
--
Sheldon T. Hall