[rescue] Tricking DNS

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Oct 22 09:45:15 CDT 2001

On Mon, Oct 22, 2001 at 10:38:49AM -0400, Kevin Loch wrote:
> Btw, I highly recommend everyone use Bind9 instead of Bind4/8/the one
> in Solaris.

EWW.

I *still* dont consider bind9 to be "production quality" for the following
reasons:

1.  No 'ndc'
2.  Last time I tried to install it, it kept bitching about no
    key generated , etc - and there was no clear info in the documentation
    on *how* to do it
3.  Certainly not "drop-in" upgrade from BIND8.

I just compile the latest BIND8 variant on all my boxes.  If anybody has
suggestions on how to *easily* upgrade to BIND9 properly, please let me
know (and I'm not a "bind newbie" by any means - i've been setting it up
 and doing DNS at large ISPs and companies for *years*..)

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net