[rescue] Just a thought - what would be a good starter SAPRC system these days?

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Oct 20 15:22:00 CDT 2001

Well, the thinking is to compare the expense of that current machine to,
say, a Comdisco U30 for under $500 (300 MHz, 512 Meg RAM, 4 Gig HD, Country
kit, S/H/Tax and a framebuffer).

Is the Blade 100 50%-100% better, to justify the 50%-100% higher price? That
was my take on them. Besides, I said I have not used an Ultra 5 or 10, but
most folks wind up looking for cheap bootable SCSI cards and/or CPU upgrades
to get faster clock speeds and bigger caches.

Also, this is why I asked - I have only used certain classes of machines...

Thanks,

Ken