[rescue] 16M 30-pin SIMMs needed

Mike Hebel rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Oct 20 14:41:32 CDT 2001

MN> On Fri, 19 Oct 2001, you wrote:
>> Sorry - Classic uses 72-pin RAM. I was testing a bunch lately and was
>> vexed - the tester said the sticks were N by 33... I thought both the
>> Classic and LX used Nx36 memory. The ELC and the IPX were the wierd ones,
>> weren't they?

MN> the memory in the LX and classic are indeed 33 bit. Although 36 bit works fine.

I can vouch for this although I get mixed results if I use 33 and 36
bit together.  They occasionally don't like to play well together.

Here's an oddball hack to try - 16meg 30pin SIMMs in an IPC or SS2!  Not
terribly useful for the IPC in the end but I wonder if they would work or if the
system can't address that much memory properly?  Hmmm...

Mike Hebel                          mailto:drone8of9 at crosswinds.net

http://drone8of9.crosswinds.net/documents/Mike_Hebel_Current_3.html

http://drone8of9.crosswinds.net/documents/Mike_Hebel_Current_3.doc