[rescue] Sun-HOWTO

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Oct 17 18:29:05 CDT 2001

Are we publishing a book or filling a web site with
content?

straight text is the most mallable format, IMHO - esp.
in relation ot the learning curve to become productive
with...

XML would be the most useful - same source, multiple
formats possible...

HTML would be the most directly usable...

And I believe Bill already decreed there would be no
TeX involved, and Docbook is really a form of XML,
IIRC...

Ken

--- Joshua D Boyd <jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 17, 2001 at 04:13:12AM -0700, Ken Hansen
> wrote:
> > Uhm, doesn't it really come down to html vs. XML?
> >
> > This is a *web* site after all...
>
> However, if you use tex, you can run latex2html,
> plus provide book ready
> sources to anyone who wants a printed copy.
>
> Better yet, with DocBook (which is XML I think), it
> has tools to help with
> the writing of such a project, plus it can just as
> easily be targetted to
> the web as to paper.  DocBook really probably would
> be a bad idea.  But,
> go with what ever people helping want to use.  I
> probably don't know
> enough about anything to be usefull.

=====
Ken