[rescue] SGI Personal Iris Systems

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Oct 17 11:18:58 CDT 2001

So I stopped by Mr. McGuire's house yesterday, and he sent me on my way
with the last 4 Personal Iris systems he had sitting there.

Problem is, there're no drive brackets, and no memory. I can hook up
external SCSI drives for now, so that part's minor. The hard part will
be memory, especially for the 4D/35, which takes proprietary 68-pin
SIMMs. Anybody know where I can get some?

Also, the 4D/2x line takes 30-pin parity. Someone here mentioned
recently that they had a bit of a surplus thereof. If it was you, will
you please let me know? I'd really like to get some. Otherwise I may
have to strip out an SS2.

Anyone need parts? I'd like to get one or two working systems out of
this pile, and am likely to have stuff left over...

---sambo